The Never-Search POI update service requires a single-user, single-PC license. You must open an account or complete an online registration with Never-Search to download or purchase Never-Search products and services, including free trials. Information gathered during the registration or account creation process, or during access to particular products and services, may differ based on the nature of the product or service. Information that you provide when registering or creating an account, or accessing or using your account or the Never-Search products or services associated with your account, may include: name, email address and telephone number; billing information; information concerning software downloaded, products and content purchased, accessed, and/or downloaded through Never-Search products or services, location information (such as zip code or postal code).
Your email address is your user name. It is required to email your Activation Code which, combined with other information, is in turn used to activate certain functions associated with the use of the downloaded POI data and to uniquely identify your PC when accessing your account and to request POI updates based on your profile of interests.
To register for the Never-Search POI update service and to receive notifications of available updates and Never-Search services, we ask you for certain contact information, such as name, email address, (your user name), private password, telephone contact details, which will become part of your personal account information. This information is required for account verification. We also send emails to keep you informed of your order and account status.
In order for you to complete a financial transaction, we will ask you for certain contact information, such as name, address, billing address, shipping address, telephone contact details, email and credit card information. We do not permanently store credit card information and that information is removed once the transaction has been completed.
We use the following controls to protect your personal information:
1. Use of secure connections using SSL to safeguard certain information when transmitted from your Web browser to Never-Search;
2. Use of security controls to restrict access to databases housing personally identifying information;
3. Use of encryption for sensitive personal information, such as credit card numbers;
Never-Search may use your personal information to:
1. Deliver to you and bill you for Never-Search products and services, and communicate with you concerning your account and customer service issues. This may include verifying authorization of credit card usage before any purchase.
2. Verify access rights to premium POI content, proprietary POI content, or special POI subscription services, or other access-restricted POI update services.
3. Track POI accesses and downloads for the purpose of paying royalties, subscription fees and/or license fees to third party, proprietary providers (travel magazines supplying proprietary content) and content distributors.
4. Ask you to participate in surveys about products, services, news and events.
5. Offer you product upgrades, content, services and free trials.
6. Provide you with content, services, instructions, and a more personalized experience based on preferences you provide.
7. Provide you with news, free newsletters, updates, targeted advertising, promotions, and special offers.
8. Better understand how our products are used, and what new POI offerings would be most desirable to our users.
Never-Search will not use your personal information for purposes incompatible with those listed above, and will not sell, rent, or share your personal information with a third party unless you consent to provide such information to a third party partner or POI content service.
Never-Search may disclose relevant information about our customers to our contractors (e.g. a customer service contractor or a credit card clearing service) in order for them to provide specific services for Never-Search, and to better serve our customers. Never-Search's contractors are bound by strict contractual requirements to keep all personal information they process strictly confidential and to use such information solely on behalf of Never-Search.
Also, Never-Search may disclose your personal information if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law; (b) comply with the order of a competent judicial authority in any jurisdiction; (c) comply with legal process served on Never-Search; (d) protect and defend the rights or property of Never-Search; or (e) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of Never-Search products or the public at large.
Never-Search Websites and products contain links to other Websites and products. Never-Search is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such Websites or products. Please visit the privacy policies of these third party sites in order to understand their privacy policies and data collection practices.
You may review and update your account information and preferences by selecting "Your Account" from the Never-Search Website at www.never-search.com. Sign in to your account using your email address (user name) and password and modify your information and preferences as needed. When you access your account by logging in, you can update and/or make sure that your account information is accurate and also manage your preferences.
If you have forgotten a username or password, you can use the "Contact Us" page on the Never-Search Website.
Our Never-Search mapping software also provides a means of reporting, via email, feedback on POI's; errors, omissions, contradictions, and additions. These feedback reports are also treated with the same level of confidentiality as other information you provide to us.
If you have questions about the privacy aspects of our products or services or would like to make a complaint, please use the "Contact Us" page on the Never-Search Website.